Monday, April 27, 2009

Snapshots at St Joe (Part 2)

Sorry, I was called away earlier & decided to just publish whatever I had time to put in ... Here are more St Joe photos, including some taken at the Food Fair itself. Look carefully and see if there's anyone you can recognise in the picture :-)



A new block at where the high jump pit used to be



Walking down to the canteen



At the Food Fair



Another shot at the Fair


People eating and hanging around at the Canteen


The former Red Cross/Crescent room (not sure what it's used for these days)

xxxxxx

Hope you liked that little photographic tour of the St Joe grounds. Will share more when I get hold of more photos. Once again, all photos were provided by Leonard Sia.

xxxxxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Hey, more photos. Thanks Leo & James.

    ReplyDelete
  2. St Michael is spelt wrong on the poster. How can????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can recognize John of St. Michael's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Malaysian spelling on a poster. Done without spell checks....lol. My god, John has aged, then again I am still remembering him during our school days. I was probably one of his best customers as well as one of his tenants when I rented his house at 3 1/2 mile Penrissen Road, many thousand of days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John,
    John will recognise you, that I am sure.
    He recognised me almost instantly when I went to take his pics. I am sure he will also recognise a lot of you if you will to visit him.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aiya, failed to take pics of John's (St. Michael) son-in-law who is also ex-SJS class of 79.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at these Food Fair photos reminds again of the old Fun Fairs that used to be held in the 70s at the area behind the St Michael's Club & Canteen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aiyo, why the canteen looks small now? I thought it was spacious? Looking at the pics makes me miss the canteen food? Can anyone tell me whether it has got something to do with mid-life crisis? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. jameswong> The canteen looks smaller now because you are now bigger. When you were last there, you were probably smuch smaller. It's all relative, man!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can someone share where the current St Michael's Canteen/Cafe is located in Kuching? Does it still sell the same dessert as previously?

    ReplyDelete
  11. St. Michaels's is now at at the corner shoplot immediately next to the Timberland Medical Centre at 'sah kee'.
    They have been there since years. Not sure if they still sell the same deserts. Perhaps, those Kuching based 76ers can volunteer to visit John and find out. John will recognise you if you have a a regular back then.

    ReplyDelete