Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Message from the Website Jaga

Dear friends,

I trust you have enjoyed reconnecting on this site (as well as via other channels) over the past months. It is quite gratifying to see the visitor rate go from around 10+/day in January to 30+/day in Feb to 60+/day in March, and then it shot up to 120+/day since mid April. Interesting to note that this spike coincided with when the ladies started visiting the site (or at least making known to the rest that they were also online). Our all-time high was 173 visitors on 26 April. As several people have noted, the cumulative visit counter shot past 10,000 over a week ago, and is still racing upwards. And we are also approaching the 100th posting.

I do hope you will continue to visit, participate, give feedback & suggestions, and contribute new content for sharing with your friends. And not just the boys ... I'd like to encourage the girls to also send in their news and pictures, old and new ... And tell other formmates and friends about it so the community continues to grow.

Over the past few months, a few of us have been catching up virtually via another channel - Windows Live Messenger (previously known as MSN Messenger). Some of you may be familiar with this application which allows real-time chatting. What is nice about it is that we can have more than two persons chatting. Last night we tried four. I'm going to propose a session on a much larger scale - all the classes of Form 5 (1976) ... and their friends ... meet on a Windows Live Messenger session on a specific date & time in late May. It will be like a virtual cocktail party - lots of guys and gals standing around chatting with each other. It will be very interesting. We might even serve you virtual beer, wine and cheese if you behave yourselves :-)

I can be the central point of contact and will send out the invites in early May. In the meantime, if you are not on Windows Live Messenger, you may want to consider registering (it's free anyway). Then send me the email that you have registered under, and I will add you to my contact list. Or if you are already on Messenger, just add me as one of your contacts . My email, if you don't already know, is jslyong@hotmail.com . And please spread the word to others you know.

April is coming to a close. Happy May Day to any who celebrate it ....
xxxxxxxx

12 comments:

  1. Class of 76 lucky to have this Website Jaga with all his initiatives here. You all owe him a beer or 2 for all this hard work which is aimed to reconnect long lost 76ers...
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 76ers, as an appreciation for Website Jaga's efforts, I suggest that a poolside party be given in his honour where he will be accorded the experience of his life by being thrown into the pool for a complete soaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So long as that's a virtual party, a virtual pool & a virtual soaking, I'm fine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...JY
    Good idea, count me in although I have a very tight schedule in my diary.....LOL. Let me checked my diary first....it's ok, I just wiped all other appointments, this is more important and interesting!!!!!! still subject to any last minute change of mind from my missus. Need to know the date and time and I am sure you are taking in consideration of the different time zones for some of us. If I am not on it, do let us know how things went.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that, John. Will be sure to pour u a glass of the best virtual red wine at the virtual cocktail party :-) I will consider time differences. Not possible to please everyone but will see what is workable for as many as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done & thanks for the great work, web jaga!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i suppose it's BYO for this virtual cocktail party. We need to supply own drinks and snacks, and consume frm wherever we are accessing and chatting on WLMessenger. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in too. I will have to ask my son to teach me how to chat on MSN first .... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. George boy does not MSN?
    from a person who 'ROTFLMAO'...

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL. I do now. Just learnt 3 nights ago and have been on MSN with Jimmy, PC,CLK and SKG on 2 nights. All 76ers are invited to contact Jimmy to join the nightly rituals. It's a rehearsal for the main event that Jimmy is organising.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When is the Virtual Party, Web Jaga?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Make sure there are ladies attending, Website Jaga.

    ReplyDelete