Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Remember that Reunion of 1994 ?

After rummaging through our old storage boxes, I came across this old photo that I had forgotten I even had ...
xxxxxxxxxx
The "Class of 76 Reunion Dinner" was held on 8 Feb 1994 at the Hilton, Kuching. I remember one of the key organizers was Bob Chew Pok Vun, and despite not having the benefit of e-mail, Facebook, blogs and other Web search tools, he managed to track down about two dozen members of the Form 5 classes of 1976. Thanks Bob for the great effort !



I'm afraid the photo has decoloured with age, and isn't all that clear. To assist your failing eyesight, I've sliced the picture in three parts & zoomed in for better viewing. If you still want to see an enlarged version of the entire picture, I advise you to download it to your own PC and view it in a slightly larger format.

Here goes ....

Left Section



Middle section


Right section


There you have it .... now who wants to try to name all the participants at this event?

xxxxxxxxx

12 comments:

  1. i see rodney zaidell standing at extreme left, and wee aik hock standing on extreme right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SIM KEE HOW - SITTING, 2ND FROM RIGHT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is Kho Khoon Haw, seated 3rd from the left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitting about center: Chew Pok Vun.
    To his left Harry Goh, then James Yong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Website Jaga mentioned that 'photo has decoloured".
    Well, seems that someone has failed to pick up good photo developing skills from the teacher-in-charge of Photographic Society i.e. Mr. Sebastien.

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay..middle section part...

    Standing left to right, Png Thiam Chai,Benjamin Wong, Lim Cho Chua, Ronald Kueh,Tan Kia Kim
    Right section..
    Standing left to right..
    Tan Kia Kim, Harrison Chieng, Chang Kuo Cheng and Wee Aik Hock

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see you guys still have good eyesight and good memory. No mean feat at fifty. Now can someone identify the chaps on the left section?

    ReplyDelete
  8. who's sitting between James Yong and Sim Kee How ? Is it Edward Chin?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sinos said...

    Wah,that was great.I miss this one as I was in my 2nd year in Cambodia and things were different then..

    Most of the boys...still slim then...

    So, Reunion 09 in KCH is fine with me...Just keep us informed, Tuan Jaga..

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay..left section :
    Standing left to right:
    Rodney,( sorry, can't recognise the next two guys ),Sim Siang Kwang, Ong Poi Jin.
    Seating : leaf to right
    Bakri , Kho Boon Huat,Kho Khoon Haw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Was that Nick Lau standing 3rd from left???

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I dont think I can even recognise the fat me. Standing on the left of Poi Jin. I think i still have that tshirt somewhere...

    ReplyDelete