Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Another Mini-Reunion in KL

On 6 April 2009, there was another mini-reunion in KL when our lawyer friend George Lo Kuin Fah(Form 5 Sc, 1976) made a short visit there. Among the former classmates who got together were Philip, Chee Kok, Cyril, Roney and another.


An obviously happy Georgie boy in KL


A more complete narrative of the exciting events of the day will be added later, but for now let me just quote a few comments directly from the participants ...

"George is still the same affable and soft spoken guy that I remember from our school days. However, he is no longer quiet!" - PC

"chee kok looks exactly the same as he did 33 years ago [maybe a couple kg heavier is all]. roney looks totally different. and it is not just the shaven head. cyril looks much the same but he's become a comedian since form 5." - GL

" We were kicked out (of Vintry, a cosy wine bar & another of CK's find) around 1.30 when the place closed" - PC

"He looked the same after 33 years - afro hairstyle and prominent proboscis. still the same gentle humble soul." - GL

"... a very pleasant evening where red wine flowed freely and the laughter was loud. Even I succumbed to a couple of sips of the red jiuce" - PC

"Had another mini reunion last nite with George, Philip,Chee Kok, Roney and Cyril. Plenty of jokes and laughter." - Another


A nice cold beer ... perfect !

GL with KCK and PC. KCK needs to smile more. And why does PC look so uneasy?


Formmates based far away from Malaysia, I'd like to draw your attention to the signboards at the back, which showcase the local culinary delights. But stop drooling, ok? ;-)


Cheers! Left to right: CM, RZ, PC, GL, KCK


The Details (added later)

Given the torment that this entry is causing some of our UK friends, not sure if you still want any further details, but here's what PC & GL told me. I did promise I'd post it, but will keep it brief to spare our overseas friends too much additional pain.

* GL arrived in KLIA in the early morning, took the KLIA Ekspres down to KL Sentral & made his way by taxi to Cititel by Mid Valley megamall when his "chauffer" overslept and didn't turn up :-) They later met at the the hotel and then went to PC's house.

* They found PC as friendly and helpful as usual, giving street directions to perfect strangers. (Between this and picking up stray felines, I guess our friend has his hands pretty full - website jaga)

* The three then had lunch at a new and apparently "super delicious" Dim Sum restaurant near PC's place.

* After lunch, they adjourned to PC's place, went for a stroll to buy lunch for PC's princess. Our lawyer friend took the early opportunity to have a beer (see, I told u he was stinkin' drunk by nightfall! - website jaga) while waiting for the 'ta-pau'.

* Next they went to a place where some people experienced 'cupping' for the first time. 'Nuff said on this for now. (There's more to be shared later ... or not ... depending on the enticement I get - website jaga)

* The beers started flowing after 7.30pm at a food court called Ming Thien in Taman Megah. They were later joined by CK and then CM. The beers and food then started to get washed down by stout. About 3 hours later, they decided to adjourn to another place, Vintry, where RZ joined them. Vintry, another of CK's finds, is a gem of a place, a cosy wine bar in a suburban nook surroundings near Damansara/Bangsar. They were kicked out around 1.30 when the place closed.

xxxxxxxxxx
In short, another great night ! Lots of laughter, lots of food, lots of booze, no new allegations or law suits (as far as I can tell) ....

xxxxxxxxxx

26 comments:

  1. GREAT TO SEE THE HAPPY REUNIONS COMING FAST & FURIOUS ... KL ECONOMY WILL RECOVER SOON AT THIS RATE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. does that mean all defendents are off the hook? hee hee hee !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judging by the photos, I'm pretty sure the lawyer and plantiff are so boozed up that they'd have totally forgotten about the case. Fellow defendents, we're definitely off the hook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think u right. that lawyer definitely look drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After such a good time, I feel definitely amiable. What say you, Pip?

    But, of course, Pip and I note that the one who bought us the wines was KCK and not the defendants. Defendant #1 was invited to come up to join us but he was skulking in Singapore.

    Trying to 'siam' and 'chau ki bik' as the hokkiens say. Heheheh.

    Thanks for the very nice wine, CK. CK flatly refused to let me pay. So the next one's on me - when I drop by KL again. Gotta think of some excuse to go and soon ...

    Oh yes, I definitely had a jolly good time. Special thanks to my chauffeur and Philip who took 2 days off just to spend time with me - right up to the minute I was sent to KL Sentral. So much catching up to do. So much has happened to each of us over the past 33 years.

    I am seriously grateful to Jimmy who started this blog which has brought so many old friends together. The friendship feels even more special with the passage of so many years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, that silly looking grin was cos I was happy, all right? I was not drunk ... hic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, wish I was there!
    Need to find an excuse to go back to Malaysia. Perhaps a possible Joint Venture business with some of you? Of course, that means an "inspection" trip or "factory tour" to be carried out, paid for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NAAAHHH, the lawyer is well and truly pissed .. probably the Plaintiff too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Georgie boy grin. Huh, I sense he is up to no good. Expect another lawsuit soon, guys. Also can you guys please please STOP having all these reunions. It is unbearable to see you all having such a good time (laughing, eating, drinking etc) while we folks in the UK are going through a nasty recession!!!! I am so so so jealous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. JK - we also going thru recession here in Malaysia. Eating and drinking and laughing is just our way of trying to forget our problems lah ! You in UK should try it !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Problem is there is nobody to have a reunion here apart from BC and only when he comes out of hibernation. I notice there are plenty of food and wine but where are the women? I mean spouses!!! Don't get the wrong idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to reiterate what JK said about all these reunions. I am now very home sick!!!. Do envy you guys. Keep it up anyway. A word of advice - do not indulge too much. Remember your diet, you are not young anymore to burn it off easily. Or, you will be contacting JK for heart surgery advice. LOL. Regards

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, sorry John. I forgot that you are in the UK too. Yeah, we too can have a micro reunion if we get in touch with BC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fellas, in case you don't know - Eric Tan Kung Miang is in Nottingham too. See, you're not that alone there. Now you all can have a foursome ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, sorry John. I forgot that you are here too. Yeah, we can now have a micro reunion if we can get in touch with BC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry. Press the wrong button and sent the same message. I am bored sitting in my office doing operation by remote control! Hence can spend so much time looking at this website. Sad, sad, sad. Going through my second childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Arron Kong Kek Kee is also in Nottingham but I do not have his contact address. We could meet half way or even meet at Nottingham if JK and Eric is happy to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. KKK? I was just asking Philip if he remembers him while we were driving to Ming Thien to meet the guys for a bit of supper. I remember swimming with KKK back in form 2 and 3.

    Pls give him my best regards if you see him. Do try find out his email address so he can be added to the mailing list.

    To those who do not know, the website jaga has a list of emails of some of the guys from '76. Let him know yours and ask to be added to the list so you get to read the exchanges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please let me know if/when you guys get KKK's contact details & I will loop him in.

    BTW, a bit more info has been posted on the night of revelry. And boys, you really shouldn't be disappointing JK who's looking for the women??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heyyy, website jaga. Whatcha saying about me?? Ok, I may have been a bit tipsy but 'stinking drunk' is a bit much! And highly defamatory. I will be consulting my lawyer about this. Gonna sue your ass. Get enough compensation to pay for another trip to KL ... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. JK's bored, sitting there doing operations by remote control and thinking of ..... women??? Pity the poor guy on the operating table. heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  22. Geez, when one lawyer has to consult another lawyer, I know I'm in deep, deep trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  23. If you guys in the UK plan to get together for a reunion, remember to let us know. Take lots of photos and submit to the website. And maybe if you have a videocam and Skype, some of us may even call in & join a bit of the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey, what's this about "cupping"?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cupping? Don't even go there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. looks like a really happy reunion !

    ReplyDelete