Monday, March 16, 2009

Update from Web Jaga - Mar 2009

I thought you might be interested in the latest visitor traffic pattern on this Form 5 website. Since the last time I informed you, the level has gone up by a notch. The site now has at least 30 unique visitors per day, as can be seen from the chart.



For those interested, I generated this chart using a free website monitoring software called Statcounter (http://www.statcounter.com/) .

The blue bar represents the total number of visitors for the day, and the orange bar is the number of returning visitors (ie. ones who have visited this site before, using the same computer .. or more strictly IP address). The bar for 16 Mar (today) is still low as it is still early at 11am.

But hard statistics tell only half the story. We have very good feedback from ex form mates who have found this site interesting and useful. We have also reconnected with more and more old friends (some "lost" for 30 years) from all around the world. And we have started getting participation from the fairer sex, some of whom were probably old flames from half a lifetime ago.

So tell all our other friends from Form 5 (1976), and get them to check out this site & more importantly to share what they've been up to !

..

8 comments:

  1. I can not say enough about this site. I owe IT the happiness I gained in the last few days. Without IT, I would still be "lost". I truly value IT for I have found my way and relive my memories again......

    L K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Website Jaga,
    i was just wondering what percentage of the visitors here are:
    1. from st joe 1976,
    2. st joe other years,
    3. non st joe.
    I belong to category 2. and find the blog interesting enough to return regularly, even daily.
    Keep it up.
    Leo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to check in daily to catch the latest news. We are all indebted to James who, as the website jaga, has to put in so much time and effort to update the website so that we all can keep connected. Let's do our part and let the guys and gals of '75 '76, '77, '78 etc know. If they write in, we have the chance to catch with them. Hey, we are all hitting 50 or more ... but we are all still young at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my pleasure doing the website updates. Fun too. Reward enough to reconnect with old friends & interact with them on the site.

    Leo, there's no way for me to determine those categories accurately. But I would guess that most are in cat 1 (maybe 70%). I know at least 3 or 4 regulars in cat 2. And we do get a small number of visitors who find the site by accident when they search for something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like I am a minority here.
    Leo

    ReplyDelete
  6. All are warmly welcomed, so long as you are somehow linked to St Joe in the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to website jaga for doing such a wonderful job. I am from cat. 3 and is enjoying so much of it as I am somehow linked to the st.joe 1976. It is really good to know who, where, what, which and when with everybody. Now I don't feel too bad for hitting my 50...51..CHEERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's nice to hear! Thanks Anon Sep 7, 2010. Keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete