Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Gift from John Lee

Our friend John Lee (Form 5 Arts 1) living in Huddersfield, UK sent me an email this morning, and enclosed some absolutely precious photos, whichI'm sure all of the Form 5 Arts 1 members and many others will appreciate.

First here's the note ...


Hi....James
Thanks for the good work you have done in the blogspot so far, long may it continue and thanks to those who have contributed as well. "Spread the word", I would say......not just to our classmates, schoolmates are welcome too as well as from our other sisters and brothers schools. I am sure if there are contributions from them, you can create a separate section.

I have managed to find a couple of old photos of myself (only of my best poses, in my opinion), taken in '75 (with glasses) and another taken in '79. In my searches, I have also come across our form 5 Arts 1, class photo where everyone in the class have put their signature on the back of it.......a treasure!!!

Best wishes

Regards
John

Wow, a treasure indeed. Thanks John for taking good care of such a wonderful momento. So guys, enjoy the photos ...

Front

Back

And now great photos of the young John Lee ...

John (circa 1975)

and leaving the best for last ... (ladies, please control yourself) ...

John (circa 1979)

9 comments:

  1. This is fantastic John. I can't even remember signing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo ... like the Rambo look !! Except the movie hadn't been made yet in 1979.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still got those abs John?

    ReplyDelete
  4. John Lee - your ability to produce this photo with signatures even after 33 years is a great justification for me to my darling wife as to why I don't throw away my old stuff, unless no choice. I bet some you others have similar problem eh?

    from:
    Safely Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John . I can recall those photos . Sure bring us back to those times and amazing how times flies and bloody hell before we realize it we all are in the 50's! Still remember the boxing matches at your house at Rubber road west right? Whow! saw my old signature. Great . Are you in touch with Philip Chin ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Philip Chin is in KL and can be reached at pipchin23@yahoo.com .

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red signature of Bertram Chew stands out. Anybody know where Bertram is nowadays ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. John: Hey guys. It was just a coincidence that I come across the photo. There were quite a few old ones that I left back home in Kuching. Sorry for late response to those posted.
    hi..Nick: yes, I remembered that day too, we had a bit of boxing match amongst us. I think I gave Lip Kee a tommy ache when I landed a few punches in his abdomen.Good times!!!!
    I do not like to throw "old" stuff away but my wife "sneakingly" send them to the charity shops. Thankfully not the momento ones!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bertram revealed himself recently ....

    ReplyDelete