Sunday, March 15, 2009

Comic Fans of the 60s & 70s Alert

This morning, I saw the following item in the papers ...


Half a million US$ for a comic !!!!!!! Perhaps it's time for those of us who have stowed away our early issues of The Amazing Spiderman, or Daredevil or Batman or Green Lantern or other titles, to start brushing away the cobwebs from the old boxes and see if this might be our ticket out of the recession :-)

Errr .... I very much doubt your old Lau Fu Tze comics would fetch a very high price, but I may be wrong.

Anyway I'd be keen to hear what successes you have.

9 comments:

  1. WOW, MUST GO BACK HOME N CHECK MY OLD 'FANTASTIC FOUR' COMICS IN THE STOREROOM IN KUCHING .

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be valuable, im told the comic needs to be "mint condition" or very close.my oldcomics go with me to the toilet, class (sometimes) and everywhree . no chance to stay mint condition. /JL

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, don't 'kua soi' my lau fu tze comics. i might be able to auction them to HK tycoons like Li Kar Shiing .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typo. it should be half a million S$ not US$. but still a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what about those small size Commando comics??? i think istill got those ones
    - Collector

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe my "Archies" comics will fetched something on the auctions !

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kid likes manga comics, and say he want to be a manga animator or artist when he grows up. Do any of you know if that's a viable future? Advise plz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was small I was very certain that I could be a musician - long hair with a guitar. And that didn't happen and for the last 30 years I was behind a desk working with a tie and joined the main stream........but when I think back I would have like to be that musician. Let it be.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anon 23May 7:30PM> Don't worry. Your dream may yet come true. When we start our Clubhouse at the renovated Cathay building, we'll need a resident musician.

    ReplyDelete