Saturday, June 6, 2009

Then & Now - Part 6

I've been receiving hints that it's time for another posting in the "Then and Now" series. Be careful what you wish for, as you might actually get it :-)
xxxxx
Peter Tiong
xxxx
I was delighted to meet our long-lost friend in Bangkok recently. We go back a long way, all the way to St Joe primary school. Peter has always been the artist, designer, fashionista ... even way back then.

The "Then" shots are from Pri 6 (1971) as well as from London days in either 1979 or 1980. The "Now" show comes from Bangkok two weeks ago, where Peter is an established designer and has his own architectural & design firm, Magnusprojects, servicing some well-known global companies.
xxxxx
xxxxx
Tony Chung
xxx
I haven't met this good friend of mine for many years, though I saw his photo at a party with our lawyer friend GL. We had some crazy times back in London in the late 70s. I hope Tony has had a chance to take a look at this website, and will post some comments. Also hope I get to meet him in person soon!

The "Then" photo shows a groovy, long-haired Tony (circa 1979 or 1980), while the recent shot was at the party I mentioned (Kuching, Apr 2009).
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
Leonard Sia
xxxx
This friend isn't exactly in the Form 5 Class of 1976 (he still has two years before he hits the Big 5) but as he's been a big part of this blog ever since it started, so you could say he's an honorary member of the cohort, and for that he qualifies to be ribbed just like everybody else. LOL
xxxx
The "Then" photo is one from his Red Cross days at St Joe (circa mid 70s) ... wow, look at the hair! The "Now" shot comes from the mini-gathering we had in Kuching in May 2009.
xxx
xxxxx
Well folks, that's it for another edition of "Then & Now". Enjoy, and if you wanna see more, do send in your old and new photos, as I'm really running short.
xxxxx

15 comments:

  1. Another great collection of Then & Now shots. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone have Tony Chung's email or mobile contact?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the .....????? MR WJ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WJ, we sure would want a 'now and then' of the gals. How about starting it off with Mrs. WK, Mrs. JK and ... CLKien.
    I am sure they are sporting enough even to the extent of providing a 'then' pic. Right gals?
    Leo

    ReplyDelete
  5. WJ,

    Tony is Ben Chung's brother ? OMG!! sorry Tony i didnt recognize you in the earlier shot with GL.Is Ben still in Kuching?

    Some of the girls are asking when is the next re-union.Last one the girls organised was in January 09 in Kuching. I was told guys were not invited because of Poor Response oh....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leo,

    WJ got a treaure trove of all our shots..but they are subjected to approval of the censorship board...

    Btw WJ today is LC's birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leo,

    We are trying to locate Judy Liew STS Form 5 SC 1976. I believe she married one of the ex Josephian. We used to hang out together..

    Any idea who the guy might be? We believe they are residing in Perth, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee Kien, tell the ladies to attend the next Virtual Reunion Party first ... then we talk about the physical reunion, which is a lot tougher to organize.

    Regarding Leo's suggestion of "Then & Now" for ladies, I told him I'm a lot more careful doing that. Every photo, every image, every pixel needs to be meticulously approved by the lady in question before I'd dare post it up. And of course, I need my lawyer GL to draft a comprehensive indemnity contract to protect me from any law suits :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lee Kien,
    Judy Liew was Red Cross. Wanna locate her? Ok, in a day or 2. Her kid bro was my clasmmate.
    She married a friend if mine, but he is not sjs as far as I know.
    So are you a menber of the censor board?
    Leo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leo,

    Thank You so much Leo..At the back of my mind i knew you would know her cos she was also in Red Cross. Forgot what her bro's name is..Siew Kien mentioned but you know lah my memory...

    You must also know Simon Ngu? SJS 78.

    We all are members of the censor board Leo..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lee Kien, don't thank me yet cos I may fail to deliver. haha. Btw, her bro is James Liew.
    Yes Simon should be in KL right? He was 5Sc1 '78 and bro to Lucy Ngu.
    BTW, where's Siew Kien? She did Pharmacy right? Not sure that she will remember me though. Did not have much contact with the girls at STS. You know me lah. Shy type.
    Hey WJ, Tony Chung is the one with the cool hairstyle. Real cool.

    Leo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tony, if you happen to see this, ask Ben to have a look, and hopefully say hello as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tks anyway Leo for the effort.I am sure you can help us locate her.

    Yes..you are right..they are all in KL..

    Hope WJ can locate both Ben and Tony..
    Now I remembered when i came back to Kuching in 1982, i ordered paint from Tony..

    Ben and Tony if you all are reading this, HI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emily Lim Chu MunJune 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM

    Hi Uncle Jimmy,thanks for the gift!!!!=)

    I think i will wite a journal after all..=)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry Uncle Jimmy it should read 'Thanks for the gifts...=)

    Sorry.....Sorry.....

    Good Night

    ReplyDelete