Monday, January 5, 2009

Bro Columba in Singapore

On 2 Jan 2008, ex-Josephians living in Singapore hosted our well-loved, former principal, Bro Columba, to dinner at Royal China restaurant at the Raffles Hotel Arcade. Bro Columba was on his way back to Kuching for a two week visit.

It was a most memorable evening, with almost 30 ex-Josephians (some with spouses) participating. The range of years that the attendees represented was very wide. Some were in Form 5 in the early 60's, others left in the 90's. I was kinda in the middle - the only attendee from the Form 5 Class of 1976.

Bro Columba spent some time with attendees at each of the three tables. There was obviously a lot of reminiscing, networking and photo-taking. The evening ended with the group singing the School Rally.



(photo courtesy of Dr Lee See Chung)


I understand there will be another reunion dinner in Kuching on 17 Jan. I've no doubt it will be an equally memorable occasion.

3 comments:

  1. Hi James, you still need a pdf of the borneo post article that you mentioned in 'Tell & Share' ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I've already got it. Thanks. BTW, who is this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to post this earlier, but it slipped my mind. Anyone who wishes to contact Bro Columba can send him an email:

    columbagleeson@yahoo.com

    I'm sure he'll be very happy to hear from you.

    If you wish to end him something (festive card, gift, ang pow, etc) or you happen to be in Ireland and want to visit him, contact me for his address. I know I've got it in one of my journals, but can't find it at this time.

    ReplyDelete