Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pizza Catchup with RLNH

I haven't met Ngee Hong (aka Richard Lim) for more than ten years, even though we both live in Singapore. In fact way back in the late 80s and early 90s, we were colleagues in Hewlett-Packard Singapore, albeit in different divisions. NH is a professional engineer working on various product lines while I was then with the IT and Finance departments. But after I left in 1991, we kinda lost touch with each other.

Anyway NH had stayed on and is now a true HP veteran, after spending more than two decades with the computer & electronics giant.




So it was very nice to finally meet up over pizzas and wine at Holland Village, Singapore. We caught up on old times, news on family and friends, corporate life and the technology industry that we're both familiar with.

And good news, NH will be also be joining us at the Grand Reunion on 23 Dec !!!

11 comments:

  1. Nice to see you, Ngee Hong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as skinny as before, but good to see you, old chap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey WJ, time to do a Then and Now for RLNH !! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. good seeing you, old friend. married? how many kids now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. how was the pizza? anything for Gourmet Tips? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Richard,
    Gonna see you on 23 Dec 2009 reunion party.
    Wah..cool.. pizza with red wine

    ReplyDelete
  7. i always remember LNH as the electronics whiz kid back in Ah Chui's class. i bet he's still great with gadgets and electronics stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad! Still wearing same size as 1987 when I started work but probably have to move up soon - sob...

    2 kids - 8yo girl & 5yo boy. Way behind you guys, I suppose... ;)

    I still play with electronics a bit, but gave up the bleeding edge 5~10 years ago. Decided not to bleed too much! Now, I have fun with trailing edge!!!!

    One comment on the pizza - pretty good but they are BIG! 10" We all had to pack for takeaway afterwards....

    Picked up wine during my years in Australia. But my rule is I practically never drink alone ... hint - hint ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hint taken. All wine drinkers, if u are coming to Singapore, alert Richard and myself beforehand. We'll chill the whites and make sure the reds are at room temperature :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job WJ for having hunted down another lost sheep Richard. Holland Village, wah, that reminds me of my 1st trip to Singapore in 1988, was staying around that area while visiting my brother. Happy to hear that you are joining the reunion too Rich!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHY CALL HOLLAND VILLAGE? GOT MANY DUTCH PEOPLE THERE MEH?

    ReplyDelete