Saturday, November 21, 2009

GL in the News ...

Yesterday while on my flight from KK to Kuching, I came across this news item in The Borneo Post, where our buddy GL was mentioned. There was also an accompanying photo. Actually Leo had mentioned it earlier in the day, but this was the first time I actually saw it.





The full text can be found on Borneo Post Online. Just click on THIS to link to it.

Anyway I thought since the online version doesn't show the photo, I'd include it below.




Nice going, Georgie boy!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jimmy. Since you are on the move, how did you scan the pic from the Borneo Post to upload here?

    We had a nice meet and greet at the Badger Bar last night when WJ came to town. Although he had told Bob that he would only arrive at Kuching from KK about 11pm, the welcoming committee nonetheless dutifully assembled at the Club to greet him.

    We all stayed until 12.30pm. Bob sang well and the boys cheered him on. I will send WJ the video I took. Then they all adjourned to a late supper [I think at Open Air Market]. I wanted to join them but was held up at the club until after 1am.

    Had breakfast with Bob and Nick Lau and his family this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a photograph of the newspaper photograph, not a scan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a great time last night. Thanks guys for waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was the other lawyer Mr Ling from St Joe too? He looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, he's Henry Ling from Bintulu.

    ReplyDelete