Sunday, July 4, 2010

Musical Humorous Interlude

.
I just came back from a hectic, stressful one-week business trip, and to relax, I felt that music alone won't do it. I felt in the mood for somewhat frivolous entertainment ... a little bit of sillyness ...

Back in the 70s and 80s, I loved the music of the group Queen (especially when Freddy Mercury was the lead singer). Some of Queen's classics include "We are the champions", "Crazy little thing called love", "We will rock you" and of course "Bohemian Rhapsody" (which in my view is probably the best rock/pop song of all time).

Back then, I also enjoyed various humorous shows on TV, like the Muppets (created by the late Jim Henson). Ok, ok ... I did enjoy a bit of "Sesame Street" when no one was watching too.

So for this post, I decided to combine the two genres and let you enjoy the following two videoclips. Do remember to turn up the speaker volume ...




Now wasn't that just brilliant?

What about this other number, which i'm sure you've also heard before?



Don't knock it. This went to number #1 on the UK Pop charts in 1977.

Ahhhhhh .... I feel much better now ....

Enjoy.
.

6 comments:

  1. Nice one WJ! Loved it! But for those with slower Internet connections, I suggest you let the video download completely before playing, in order to get the full enjoyment from the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first video ... SIMPLY BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mahna mahna ... do doo do do do ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. aiyoooo! "mana mana" mean "WHERE WHERE" in BM. why these people don't know BM kah?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mana mana? Mulu Resort la mana lagi, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. do some of the Muppet characters remind u of anybody u know? LOL

    ReplyDelete